Monday 17 November 2014

Sleek palette looks

So, here as promised are some looks using the Sleek Au Natural palette that I bought a few weeks ago.  I've used this everyday and have worked out a few of the issues I found in the first week with some of the colours, and now they are all pretty amazing on.

As I said in my palette review they are not the most pigmented shadows I've ever used but with a little patience and the right brush they blend really well.  Some of the darker colours (with the exception of Noir, build this colour up or you look like your getting ready for Halloween) can be patchy when applied using the applicator in the palette but I have be using a eye shadow brush from h&m only £1.99 that has worked brilliantly.  It's very similar to the e.l.f blending brush but it is a bit fluffier so it dusts the eye a bit more, meaning when you build the colour up it doesn't end up patchy.  If any of you do decide to go out and purchase this palette or any of the the others in the range do keep in mind the price, it is only £7.99 so it isn't going to be out doing your Urban Decay naked palettes anytime soon, but it is a really good palette and the price is a bonus.

- sorry about the picture quality, I had to take them on my ipad.




These are my go to work/lunch looks (obviously not at the same time), I don't often use eyeshadow during the day but these are the two looks I tend to go for. On the left I have only used Taupe and on the right I have used a base of Nubuck, Bark in the crease, a light dusting of Taupe over the whole eyelid and a small amount of Mineral Earth over the crease colour. You can see it better below -


The next is a look a tend to go for if I'm going out to dinner or something like that. I've used a heavy layer of Taupe with Moss in the crease, I would normally wear eye liner with this look but only a subtle brown -
 


The final look is one that goes with pretty much everything, for this I've used Cappuccino as a base, Moss in the crease with Toast over to lighten the colour, this is a really good colour for this time of year -


All of these looks took under a minuite to do, I don't usually use just one palette in a look but I wanted to show what this palette can do.  Hope you liked this post, have any of you done reviews on this palette or others in the range? Let me know!




1 comment:

  1. Love your last look, such a good take on an Autumnal almost smokey eye :)
    I’ve nominated you for the Liebster award! Have a little look on my post about it here :) http://cottonandcandie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete